Junior Full Stack Developer
TrueChoice Solutions is a private, Manhattan based, marketing Software Company that develops visually interactive, Web-based applications for brand-name Fortune 500 companies. Our client base is diverse and includes large automotive companies to consumer electronics manufacturers and health care services companies. Our applications typically appear on major, highly trafficked public websites.
We are looking for a Junior Full Stack Developer to join our team and help us build new software that will enhance our current and future capabilities as we continue to grow, scale, and add new platform features. The ideal candidate has a passion for software development, is highly knowledgeable about technology, and is experienced in the entire software development life cycle from definition to development to testing and deployment. This engineer will be a key member of a team that assists in the requirements analysis, software design, development, debugging, and implementation and enhancement of new and existing software programs.
This developer will join our newly formed DevOps team focused on continuous integration and delivery, site reliability, observability, infrastructure as code, system up-time, IT operations, technical support, and the overall enhancement of mission critical systems and tools. If you are passionate about the backend and excited about CI, CD, scalability, deployment optimization, QA automation, and keeping systems running smoothly - we would love to hear from you!
Junior Full Stack Developers at TrueChoice will:
- Design, develop, document, implement, and maintain web, client server and other mission-critical business applications.
- Develop requirements from user specifications for new features and enhancements
- Code and unit test software that meets business requirements and technical design.
- Deploy and debug J2EE compliant data driven applications
- Work in the complete system of the software development life cycle
- Work with the team to create highly scalable infrastructure that are monitor-able, testable, and reliable
- Build and enhance CI tools, business critical utilities, and internal facing systems
- Bachelor's Degree in a CS, IT or related technical field
- 1-2 years experience in Java Development
- 1-2 years experience in SQL, preferably MySQL.
- Proficiency with PHP a huge plus
- Solid knowledge of object-oriented programming (OOP)
- Solid understanding of relational database concepts
- Experience with HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience with Linux
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of an integrated team
- Ability to test and setup new software and environments. Able to solve issues independently
- Take the initiative to teach yourself cutting edge technology
- Loves a good laugh!
We would like to see:
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architectures, SOAP, RESTful web services and JSON
- Experience with languages and technologies such as JSP, Eclipse, EJB, Oracle, JQuery, XML, and UNIX shell scripting.
- Experience with Python
- Experience with multi-browser testing
- Strong software development skills (issue tracking, estimation, code review)
- Links to/examples of any project (open source or other) that you're proud of
All applicants MUST have the legal right to work in the United States.
Qualified candidates should live within commuting distance to mid-town Manhattan; TrueChoice Solutions will not cover relocation costs.
How to Apply:
Please send resumes to email@example.com citing "Junior Full Stack Developer" in the subject line.