Quantitative Business Analyst
TrueChoice Solutions is a private, growth-stage Software as a Service (SaaS) preference analytics marketing software company that develops and markets unique, sophisticated applications that give its Fortune 500 clients insights about “how” and “why” buyers make purchase decisions, which clients use to help increase their sales, client retention and profitability. The Company has an impressive list of Fortune 500 clients across multiple industries.
TrueChoice Solutions seeks a smart, intellectually capable candidate with business data analysis skills to work with and enhance the TrueChoice data analytics platform and provide data analysis and insights to our clients. The position is a “junior level business analysis” role (requiring ~2 years prior business experience) with the opportunity to grow and expand your responsibilities and scope over time.
The ideal candidate would have business analysis skills honed in a consulting or technology company where data analysis is a core activity. We require experience and comfort working with data analytics packages, synthesizing numerical data sets and developing simulation models and other value-added analyses.
In addition, the candidate will support the design and implementation of “Extract – Transform – Load” (ETL) database functionality associated with client application deployments. This includes producing ETL designs for application construction.
- Develop and deliver various quantitative business / statistical analyses and reporting requirements associated with TrueChoice client projects (i.e., Web-based data dashboard reporting; data synthesis and analysis, data simulation modeling), including associated documentation;
- Work as part of a client project team to deliver, explain and refine analytic insights, engaging directly and collaboratively with client personnel when and as appropriate;
- Support the design and implementation of “Extract – Transform – Load” (ETL) database functionality associated with client application deployments. Produce ETL designs for application construction.
- B.A. with minimum 3.0 GPA, preferably in a quantitative area such as business, economics, statistics.
- ~ 2 years of experience in business analysis, such as with a business consultancy / accounting firm.
- Evidence of an analytical mind and solid business analysis capabilities, including analytics proficiency / facility with Excel.
- Understanding and working knowledge of basic statistical concepts such as summary statistics, linear regression, and statistical charts. Preferably, a familiarity and experience working with analytics packages (e.g., SAP, Oracle, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Collaborative work style but also the self-discipline to work well independently.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively as part of a client-facing client delivery team. Comfortable interacting with clients (over the phone and in person); ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) concepts and conduct analytics training
- Capability and (ideally) experience to support TrueChoice application delivery in the area of “Extract, Transform, Load” (i.e., ETL) database functions and produce ETL designs for application construction.
- Understanding of and experience with software coding desired but not required.
New York, NY