This is a selling position first and foremost. Success here will lead to sales management.
Target candidates must thrive on the challenge of selling solutions that are not “shrink-wrapped” but rather require a consultative selling approach. Using this approach, you must be able to ask the right questions, engage the right decision-maker(s), develop client requirements and be able to propose and sell compelling solutions.
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience; consultative technology-oriented sales a must.
- Ability to define, position and sell "solutions" which solve specific client problems.
- Comfortable and experienced selling to C - level executives
- Ability to promote/evangelize leading edge technology
- Proficient in developing leads, proposal development, contract negotiation
- Strong client account management skills
- Evidence of success meeting or exceeding quota (million+).
- Senior contacts in industries including financial services, technology, automotive or health care industries are desired.
- Business development experience as an IT consultant delivering tech solutions is a plus
- Experience working with any of the following companies is also a plus: Siebel, Salesforce.com, SAP, Oracle, CapGemini, Accenture, Bearing Point.
- Strong presentation and listening skills
- Excellent time management, scheduling, and organizing skills
- High energy, enthusiasm, and passion for the business
- BS/BA required; MBA is a plus.
New York, NY area preferred